If you are interested in College Credit Plus (CCP) for the 2022-2023 school year, please plan on joining us on 10/07/2021 at 5 pm, the night of Parent-Teacher Conferences, to attend the required Informational session and counseling session.
(The information is also available as a Virtual Informational Session. This video will act as the required CCP Counseling Session to participate in CCP. After viewing, parents and students can submit questions at http://www.crestviewrebels.org/admin/olc/page.aspx?id=15163&s=46. Please make sure you and your parents are logged into your school email to access any of the CCP forms on the Counselor Web Page http://www.crestviewrebels.org/olc/46/page/8810)
If you and/or your parents need to schedule an appointment with Mr. Miller after attending or watching the video please use the following link. https://miller-schoolcounselor.youcanbook.me/
Information about the colleges can be found at the links below.
https://www.kent.edu/columbiana/ccp KENT STATE
https://ysu.edu/ocat/college-credit-plus YOUNGSTOWN STATE
https://egcc.edu/ccp/ EASTERN GATEWAY
STEPS OF CCP:
1) View the Virtual Public Information Session and know the deadlines.
2)Submit the Letter of Intent and Letter of Counsel to Crestview Schools, found under the forms tab. (Deadline is April 1st, do not wait till the deadline) (This must be done each and every year)
3) Apply to your selected University or plan to attend an application day if available with all required paperwork turned into the counselor's office, prior to said application day or deadline. Each College may have different deadlines know your deadlines. (know your SS #)
4) Make sure placement tests are completed by deadlines. (Communicate with Counselor as needed)
5) Schedule classes that meet graduation requirements and fit within your schedule of other courses using the information provided at http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-Graduation-Requirements. (Communicate with the counselor as needed)
6) Review Information on the CCP tab for frequently asked questions and program information.
When a student selects CCP as part of their educational plan, the student and family are stating they are ready for college level work and responsibility. The student is the driver of this program with Crestview and the University as supports in the process, it takes a very independent and mature learner to be successful in this program. Parents/guardians and Crestview High School will have very limited access to the college or university, campus, and/or online course information.